- Are you a professional Registered Behavior Technician?
- Are you enthusiastic about engaging young children in learning opportunities every day?
- Does seeing a child grow and master new skills excite you?
If you answered YES! to these questions, we would LOVE to meet you!
We are seeking professional, dedicated and reliable RBTs to implement ABA Therapy with our students diagnosed with ASD (Autism Spectrum Disorders). RBTs assist in delivering behavior analysis services and practice under the direction and close supervision of our BCBA.
ABC Behavior Development is looking for energetic and caring applicants who want to make a difference in the lives of others with meaningful part-time and full-time employment. Work with our compassionate staff to help children diagnosed with an autism spectrum disorder and other disabilities become independent and as socially skilled as possible. You would be working one-on-one with students in their homes under the supervision of our Board Certified Behavior Analysts (BCBA’s). We will provide you ongoing opportunities for professional development.
You would be a great fit for ABC if you can multi-task while providing instruction to a child, can stay calm in stressful situations, can follow a structured behavior plan, collect daily data and session notes, and provide excellent service to clients and their families.
Immediate openings are available in various locations (Miami-Dade and Broward areas). Candidates will be directly supervised by a BCBA.
Behavior Technician Required Qualifications
- Bachelor’s degree in Applied Behavior Analysis, Psychology, Education or related field.
- Current RBT Certificate from BACB.
- Certificate in First Aid and CPR Training.
- Autism Spectrum Disorders or related disabilities experience.
- ABA methodologies familiarity/experience.
- Reliable means of transportation with proof of auto insurance.
- Job Types: Full-time, Part-time
Pay: $15.00 – $25.00 per hour. Compensation is based on Experience.
Behavior Technician Job Description
We are looking for a dedicated and compassionate behavioral technician to join our Team. Registered Behavior Technicians are responsible for assisting behavior analysts to implement behavior reduction and skill acquisition treatment plans. The candidate will assist students with day to day activities, monitor their behavior, record and collect data on their progress, and effectively communicate with families. Other duties may include clerical and administrative duties.
To be successful in this role, you will display a compassionate nature, empathy and discretion in your work. You should have excellent communication and time management skills, and be able to develop and maintain relationships with clients, supervisors and colleagues.
Behavior Technician Responsibilities
- Provide direct care to clients in a one-on-one therapy setting to implement skill acquisition and behavior reduction treatments as directed by the BCBA.
- Collect and record data on student’s behavior.
- Submit daily session notes to families and supervisor.
- Collaborate, communicate and assist with the training of clients, parents and staff.
- Provide a safe and supportive environment for patients and family.
- Carry out clinical assessments with supervision of BCBA and other administrative duties.
- Maintain strict confidentiality.
- Attend training to acquire further knowledge.
Behavior Technician Requirements:
- Certificate, Bachelor’s or Associate’s Degree in a behavioral health or related field.
- Up to date RBT Certificate from the BACB.
- Relevant experience.
- Must read, write and be able to communicate in English.
- Good written and verbal communication skills.
- Strong interpersonal skills.
- May need to work weekend shifts.
- Computer skills.